Sunday 13 February 2011

Crohnly You..

With Valentines Day rapidly approaching and Cupid furiously polishing his arrows in preparation, what better time to start a blog about that most romantic of subjects; inflammatory disease of the bowel and intestines? 
Never really a good time to discuss having Crohn's Disease, as I have unfortunately experienced not many people are partial to discussing bowel issues over a cup of Tetley. I would have to admit to feeling exactly the same until I was diagnosed and forced to take a long hard look at what was going in (and coming out of) my own body. 
I was finally diagnosed with having Crohn's in August of last year following a year of incredible pain, sickness, and sheer frustration at never getting to the bottom (or lets go for root..) of the problem.
Not much is known about Crohn's. I too was entirely ignorant about it until I was told I had it. No one knows how it starts or why and as yet there is no cure or guaranteed treatment. 
I have been lucky enough to get an operation just over 2 weeks ago as, after months of experimental drugs, steroids, liquid diets and painkillers there was no other alternative. 
My op was a success and I am now resting at home, healing well. Hence the blog.
Getting morbidly curious as to what quality of scar I will have in a few weeks time. Got to have some benefits to this disease and something to tell future generations...
"The shark was THIS big" 





2 comments:

  1. Well, some people WOULD talk about the rear end on Valentine's day, if you get my meaning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Hope you are not too bummed out today. Have a nice bowel of cereal to cheer yourself up!

    ReplyDelete