Saturday 27 October 2012

#NHBPM 22nd November

'Thanks' Post'

This post requires me to write about what I am 'thankful' for. I'd have to say, head and shoulders above the rest, I am most thankful for the love and support of my family and friends. They are a constant source of light at the end of my colon.
A cliché I know, but without them I don't know how I would've coped in the last few years. Pre and post diagnosis, they have been an endless stream of shoulders to cry on, ears to listen with and are always on hand with sage advice. My family and friends are also great at snapping me out of any dark days, and my partner is especially skilled in this art. They seem to have to wondrous ability to know what to say to help ease a worried mind, or how to pull me back from the brink when I'm feeling low. Because they know me so well, it's easier for me to be open with them. Because they love me, when I talk I also know they are truly listening.
To mention these little miracle workers would take another blog and bore the pants off the rest of you, so I won't, but they know who they are anyway.
I'm thankful for love. Being loved and giving love. I'm thankful for those who continue to stand by side, diseased and all, and for the wonderful fact that they do all this without expecting anything in return.
I hope I manage to give them back at least a quarter of what they give to me. It's the very, very least I can do.

This post was written as part of WEGO Health's #NHBPM - 30 posts in 30 days



No comments:

Post a Comment