Sunday 21 October 2012

#NHBPM 8th November

'Write a letter to your Health..'

Dear Health,

How are you?
That's a question people always ask of me and I often don't know how to answer. You and I have always had our differences. There was that time when you attempted to kill me when I was a baby by forcing me out of the comfort of my Mum's womb far, FAR too early. Guess you just couldnt wait for us to get going on the life front. Then there was that other time when you tried to take my life, our life, again when I was a toddler by giving me a horrendous virus yet not equipping me with the immune system to be able to fight it. I did though. No thanks to you. For a good few years after that you kept your distance and were on pretty good behaviour, stopping me in my tracks a few times with measles, chickenpox and various assorted issues.
I think a lot of the time you've perhaps felt i've not given you enough attention over the years. I know i've not had the best of diets, i've probably eaten too much chocolate and drank too much fizzy juice, not gotten enough exercise.. I had a pretty tame youth though, I didn't go crazy with drink and drugs and free love in my teens and I think on the whole I refrained from abusing you in a similar way to some young women my age.
I realise you've had a bit of a problem with me since I was a wee nipper, but what I want to know is why you had to land me with an incureable disease in the prime of my life?
I was just starting to get a handle on my relationship, moving (literally) onto a new chapter of my personal life and looking to change my career when you knocked me for six. Since then, I have to say i've thought you were a bit of a bastard to be honest. I've spent a lot of time blaming you for all my misfortunes but i'm coming to realise you are not entirely responsible for my defunct insides. I think holding onto negative feelings and anger at your lack of consideration for me doesn't help either of us. You and I are never going to see colon to colon so I should just learn to accept it.
We should just agree to disagree, you think you can lumber me with an incureable disease and make my life a living hell, I KNOW I can take whatever you have to throw at me.
Don't get me wrong, we will never be BFF's but I reckon we can work together to make things for my body a little bit easier. We both have to live in this incredibly hot body together, so how about we try to get along? What do you think? (about getting along obviously, the incredibly hot bit is a given).

Yours, diseased always,

Kath x x


This post was written as part of WEGO Health #NHBPM - 30 posts in 30 days

No comments:

Post a Comment