Sunday 4 November 2012

#NHBPM 4th November

What's In Your Bag Everyday?

Having Crohn's Disease means that on a daily basis I get up close and personal with the porcelain. I often have to visit the facilities wherever I am, so that can require ensuring I have suitable 'back-ups' in case a flare strikes.
I have a BIG handbag. And strong shoulders. If your brave enough, take a peek inside my handbag;

Bum Wipes - Soft moist loo roll. This is one if the best inventions by modern man/woman. Using loo roll on your rear all day can be very painful and irritating on your skin. These are great to have in your bag to use instead as they keep your nether regions soft and FRESH.

Spare Knickers - Pretty obvious one here. Accidents can happen. Mortifying accidents. So it's always sensible to have a spare pair tucked away just in case the worst should happen.

Painkillers & Medication - I always have my medication in my bag and at home. Some in my bag on the off chance I can't get home and have to miss it. Far from ideal. Plus, painkillers like Ibuprofen and Tramadol/Co-codamol are always in there as pain strikes on a daily basis. The thought of bit having anything with me at all would send me into a panic and worsen my symptoms.

Vaseline - Anyone who knows me will be aware I have a pretty hardcore Lipbalm addiction. I usually have (probably weirdly) around 4 or 5 tubes on me at any given time. Skin and lips get dry due to my condition so it's handy to have on hand.

Moisturiser - Again, I have dry skin most of the time, as Crohn's affects every part of the body, so I like to have a wee tub of something to keep me soft as peach ;)

Sick-bag - Horrid thought I know, but when I'm having a flare I feel queasy most of the time. And as I spend a LOT of time on public transport, getting off in time is sometimes not an option..

Mobile - My phone is always with me, the reason it gets a mention here is because it contains my next of kin's number under 'ICE' - this, in the UK is the word paramedics use to find which family member to call in an emergency. Very handy if the worst (after needing spare knickers obviously) should happen..

This post was written as part of WEGO Health #NHBPM - 30 posts in 30days

No comments:

Post a Comment